Jordan A. Gonzales
Our lawyers are devoted to resolving litigation efficiently and achieving excellence in every aspect of our practice.
WHEN THE DEAL GOES WRONG, WE KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Jordan A. Gonzales is an Associate at Johnson & Johnson
Jordan A. Gonzales is an associate at Johnson & Johnson LLP, where she focuses on entertainment litigation, intellectual property litigation, and complex business litigation in addition to transactional matters. She has been named to the 2020 Southern California Rising Stars list.
Ms. Gonzales received her B.A. in Law and Society, and minor in Spanish, with High Honors from the University of California, Santa Barbara. She earned her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law where she focused her legal studies in the acclaimed intellectual property program, ranked No. 1 in the nation at the time of her graduation and at present. She received the related Law and Technology Certificate upon graduation, which is the oldest program of its kind. Ms. Gonzales was also chosen to represent her school in the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition addressing issues related to U.S. trademark and unfair competition law.
In addition, Ms. Gonzales cofounded the Berkeley Journal of Entertainment and Sports Law, Berkeley Law’s first journal founded on an electronic platform and dedicated to the entertainment industry. This publication has been cited by the Hollywood Reporter as basis to select Berkeley Law as one of America’s top entertainment law schools. Ms. Gonzales was privileged to serve as the first Senior Articles Editor where the inaugural issue published papers presented at Stanford Law School’s 2011 symposium about legal television titled, “Channeling Justice: Television and the Legal Profession.”
Ms. Gonzales has garnered substantive complex litigation experience handling all aspects of civil litigation and delivering excellent results for her clients. At Johnson & Johnson LLP, she has handled matters involving breach of contract, right of publicity, royalty disputes, defamation, and trademark and copyright infringement. Further, she has handled transactional matters for the firm’s clients such as option, purchase and loan-out agreements.
- Successfully opposed a motion for summary judgment and adjudication regarding a right of publicity claim against The Coca-Cola Company and Monster Energy Company while concurrently maintaining a claim for punitive damages
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of celebrity musician and television producer in litigation against their former client after defeating a demurrer
- Advised and represented celebrity estate on various transactions related to television and feature reboots and revivals
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- The Creative Coalition
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, high honors
- Entertainment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Rights of Privacy and Publicity
- Complex Business Litigation
- Class Action Litigation